Sunday, March 26, 2006

I am a Thief

Shadow hide you

Today, along with doing quests and exploring this Vampirism thing I became a thief. I was on the Waterfront of the Imperial City when I saw three figures in a garden. Actually it was just a bush, but they call it a garden. It's not far from where you end up after fast traveling there, near the shacks. They'll be there around midnight.

So I ran into these people. At first they wouldn't have much to do with me, but with one of my vampire skills I made the leader tell me about Grey Wolf. That's why I was interested in the first place, since I figured I could find Grey Wolf and get an awesome reward. But he didn't say much other than confirm that he is real. However a new option came up to "Join the Thieves Guild". I decided to click that and before I knew it I was on a race! I won't spoil it for you by describing what that is.

Anyway, I ended up in the Thieves Guild and figured "Why not?" I didn't really intend to do it, but I was there so I gave it a try. I broke into a house, stole some stuff, sold it, and so forth. It's kind of fun, plus I can feed on people while I'm in there stealing their stuff.
You get to go on specific quests, so it's not just running around stealing stuff on your own.

I have yet to find a place to buy lock picks. I occasionally find one or two for sale, but nothing permanent. It's a pain, because most houses are protected by at least an Average lock, which takes either a lot of quick reloading, or a lot of picks.

So that's how I became a thief. I hope it doesn't have a bad effect on the end of the game, but from what I've seen so far in this game everything you do has an effect. Oh well! That's part of the fun! I also hope that I can eventually set up a shop and sell all my stolen goods. The game says you can buy a shop if you have Expert Merchantile. So we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home